The Relay Testing Handbook: Principles and Practice
$159.95Compare Email to a friend
The Relay Testing Handbook is an indispensable resource that every relay tester should keep at their fingertips. This book was written for relay testers, rather than design engineers, so you no longer have to decipher engineering textbooks when performing relay tests.
As modern protective relays become increasingly more powerful and complex, many relay testers continue to use test procedures and philosophies that are based on previous generations of relays and their limitations. Modern relays have very different characteristics that require a different testing philosophy to ensure that they will operate when required.
This hardback book includes most of the volumes in the The Relay Testing Handbook series and includes:
* Electrical fundamentals including three-phase electricity, phasor diagrams, and fault types
* Relay testing fundamentals including what equipment you need and how to use it
* The most commonly used testing philosophies, and the most efficient and effective ones
* How to translate digital logic used by relay manufacturers into familiar concepts
* Best practices for creating and implementing test plans
Entire chapters are dedicated to the most commonly used protective elements including:
* Overvoltage, undervoltage, and frequency (59/27/81)
* Time, instantaneous, and directional overcurrent (51/50/67)
* Simple and transformer differential (87) testing with three or six current channels
* Line distance (21) testing using realistic test plans to minimize setting changes
Each protective element chapter includes:
* A description of operation written for a relay tester, not for a design engineer
* Step-by-step test techniques that maximize your effectiveness and efficiency
* Realistic examples from various relay manufacturers and models
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.